David Dembroski Partner
David practises in all areas of entertainment law including music, television, theatre, publishing and interactive media.
His clients consist of well-known recording artists, record companies, producers of dramatic and reality programs, writers, directors, theatrical producers and music and book publishers.
He has helped a number of his clients expand into complementary businesses such as celebrity endorsements and merchandising.
David’s practice also includes sports law where he advises individuals and companies on sports-related matters such as advertising and promotions, merchandising and licensing, broadcast rights, franchise operations, intellectual property, player contracts and ticket matters, among others.
David was a partner at the law firm of Aird & Berlis LLP, where he practised for nine years.
- Recognized as a leading practitioner of entertainment law by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Frequent speaker at conferences on music, sports, television, technology and other entertainment topics
- Director and Secretary of Interactive Ontario.
- Called to the Ontario Bar – 1995
- University of Windsor, LL.B. – 1993
- University of Western Ontario, B.A. (Hons.) – 1989