Diana Cafazzo Partner
Diana practises primarily in the areas of entertainment and copyright law. She represents production companies, distributors, broadcasters, online vendors, creative individuals and others in all facets of the development, production and exploitation of film, television, publishing, music and digital media projects.
Diana represents Canadian and international companies in structuring production arrangements, treaty co-productions, co-ventures, and corporate mergers and acquisitions in the Canadian cultural industries.
Diana also advises a wide range of clients on collective and other copyright matters.
Before joining the firm, Diana was a partner at the law firm McMillan Binch LLP (now McMillan LLP).
- Named Toronto “Lawyer of the Year” in Entertainment Law for 2018 and 2014 by The Best Lawyers In Canada
- Recognized as a leading entertainment lawyer in The Lexpert/American Lawyer Media’s Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Who’s Who Legal Canada and The Best Lawyers in Canada
- Featured in Lexpert magazine as one of the “15 to Watch” in a review of Canada’s top women lawyers
- Recognized as a leading media lawyer by Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Technology, Media & Telecommunications Lawyers and Guide to the World’s Leading Women in Business Law
- Speaker at industry conferences and seminars, including for organizations The Canadian Film Centre, The Documentary Organization of Canada, Writers Guild of Canada, Women in the Director’s Chair, Canadian Worldwide Short Film Festival, The Law Society of Upper Canada, The Canadian Bar Association
- Director and Secretary, Interactive Ontario (Past)
- Director, The Feature Film Project (Past)
- Director, The Toronto Arts Council (Past)
- Called to the Ontario Bar – 1988
- University of Toronto, LL.B. (with honours) – 1986
- University of Toronto, B.Comm (with high distinction) – 1983