Sandra Richmond Partner
Sandra’s practice focuses on entertainment and media law and on corporate law within those industries.
She advises a variety of clients (including producers, writers, broadcasters, distributors and financiers) on all aspects of the development, financing, production and exploitation of film, television, publishing and digital media projects. Her twenty years of experience include helping clients with rights acquisition, errors and omissions insurance, interim financing, broadcast and distribution agreements, endorsement agreements, shareholder agreements and share acquisitions.
Sandra was a partner at the Toronto law firm McMillan Binch (now McMillan).
Before studying law, she was an editor at Oxford University Press and HBJ/Holt. Since becoming a lawyer she has edited two non-fiction books and, somewhat compulsively, almost everything else she reads.
- Frequent lecturer and panelist at seminars for various organizations, including Canadian Film Centre, Ontario Media Development Corporation, Telefilm Canada, Women in Film and Television, National Screen Institute, Women in the Director’s Chair, Interactive Ontario, Canadian Worldwide Short Film Festival and ImagiNATIVE
- Member of the Canadian Media Producers Association
- Past member of the Executive of the Entertainment, Media and Communications Section of the Ontario Bar Association
- Recognized as a leading practitioner of entertainment law by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Called to the Ontario Bar – 1996
- University of Toronto, LL.B. – 1994
- Carleton University, B.J. – 1978